About: Touch is an important tool that teachers can utilize to help students learn movements and positions. When done with the proper exchange of energy, students will be able to go deeper. Conversely when done incorrectly or with the wrong amount of energy, students can recoil. Learning how to touch appropriately when teaching is an art form that can take years to perfect. This training will cover various techniques that Keoni Movement Arts teachers use when teaching yoga, dance, and gymnastics. Topics covered will include:
- touch techniques - ways to touch
- where and how to touch in yoga sequences (such as sun salutations) and yoga postures
- ways to touch when assisting students in doing dance and gymnastics positions and moves
- Thai Yoga Massage techniques for savasana
Target Audience: this training is ideal for yoga teachers and movement educators.
About the trainer: Paul Keoni Chun, Keoni Movement Arts Founder, has been teaching yoga, dance and gymnastics to students ranging in age from 3 - 80+ for over 25 years in New York City. He is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and has taught over 7500 hours of yoga classes in the last 15 years. He received a Level 2 Thai Yoga training certificate from Lotus Palm. This training will be derived from techniques he's picked up along the way throughout his many years of teaching.
Location: KMA @ Clinton Cameo Studios, 307 W 43rd St., Studio A
Requirement: To be accepted into the training, all participants must agree to completing a post-training survey.
To secure a spot:
- email email@example.com with your request
- Please complete our Release and Waiver Forms here.
Space is limited to 20 participants.