About: This training session will share a typical class lesson plan for Keoni Movement Arts Yo-Dan-Nastics™ -- blend of Yoga, Dance, and Gymnastics -- format for children. Topics covered will include:
- warmup activities
- teaching sun salutations
- creative games for learning yoga, dance and gymnastics moves and positions
- using the wall for handstands
- building an obstacle course
- breathing techniques
- spotting techniques
- touch techniques
- savasana techniques
- tone of voice, and pacing of instruction
- how teaching general needs populations is different than teaching children with advanced skills
Target Audience: this training is ideal for movement educators, yoga teachers and practitioners who work with children.
About the trainer: Paul Keoni Chun, Keoni Movement Arts Founder, has been teaching yoga, dance and gymnastics to "children" ranging from age 3 to 80+(!) of all ability levels for over 20 years in New York City. This training will be derived from many of the approaches he's discovered along the way, as he's developed a pedagogy that integrates yoga, dance, and gymnastics vocabularies into one movement class format that children find to be exhilarating and fun, while also calming and self-esteem building.
Location: KMA @ Stepping Out Studios, 37 West 26th St. (@ 6th Ave.), Floor 9, Studio B
Requirement: To be accepted into the training, all participants must agree to completing a post-training survey.
To secure a spot:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
- Please complete our Release and Waiver Forms here.
Space is limited to 20 participants.