Once you experience or observe KMA's impact on a community, you may wish to participate at a deeper level and be a part of KMA's programming by serving as a volunteer. Being a volunteer can be rewarding in many ways - starting with the fulfillment of helping others to achieve their goals. As a volunteer, you can also learn valuable skills on how to be a teacher of the movement arts.
Those with a high aptitude for teaching and a deep desire to learn to be a teacher of movement arts may also be invited to KMA’s teacher training program.
It is truly inspiring to work with these young people. Their pure joy when participating in class gives me so much more in return! I always look forward to the next class assisting as a KMA Volunteer. Thank you Paul, for this gift.
--Cleopatra Georgiou, KMA Volunteer in the Special Needs Class
Volunteer Class Assistant Job Description
The volunteer assistant position provides support by assisting special needs students with movements and positions and helping the teacher maintain control of the classroom and class flow.
- Physically assist students
- Demonstrate movements and positions for students
- Verbally guide students
- Work in tandem with primary teacher and other volunteers to facilitate class exercises and flow
- Experience doing yoga, dance, and/or gymnastics
- Attend a KMA volunteer orientation session
- Complete application process, which includes a background check
- Assist in a minimum of 2 classes per month
- Attend on-going trainings (short sessions offered at regular intervals or prior to classes to learn techniques for assisting students)
This opportunity is ideal for persons who have received a yoga teaching certification and wish to improve their teaching skills with hands-on teaching experience.
Note: this is a selective process.
- Send a brief statement of experience -- including sharing why you wish to volunteer in this way -- to email@example.com.
- View a KMA class in action.
- Complete our online Keoni Movement Arts Employment and Volunteer Application.
- Complete our Release and Waiver Form.
- Complete a background check.
- Complete our Sexual Abuse and Molestation Training.